If a college offering a PTCCN course wants to modify any aspects that constitute a PTCCN, he college must either:
- Inform the WEC chair who will contact SBCTC and drop the PTCCN designation, or
- Convene the other adopting colleges to initiate a uniform change process for all.
If a change process is convened, colleges will follow steps outlined in the Process for Initial Adoption or Change. When considering changes to a PTCCN course, any colleges offering the course must be invited to participate in discussions about proposed changes.
- The college requesting the change will take the lead role and follow steps outlined in Process for Initial Adoption or Change.
- Any college that has adopted the PTCCN course under consideration for change will be invited to participate in the change discussion.
- If consensus cannot be reached, the lead college will contact the WEC Chair to facilitate and resolve concerns before any change may be submitted to the Instruction Commission for approval.
- If a technology modification or change (for example, new software or equipment) not
common to all participating colleges hinders resolution:
- The historic PTCCN number will be retained by colleges that cannot accommodate the technology modification.
- Colleges that can accommodate the technology modification are required to develop a unique department/division prefix and/or number and title.
- If the consortium agrees to a change and a member college does not agree with, the disputing college must drop the PTCCN title.
To drop a PTCCN course from its inventory, the college:
- Submits a request to the SBCTC PTCCN contact person to remove the college from the list of colleges offering the PTCCN course
- Revises its course catalog to reflect the change.
Professional-Technical Common Course Numbering Course Matrix
PTCCN courses are designated by the first 4 letters of the department/division, the capital letter "C" and the 3-digit course number (e.g. AUTOC 135).
- Searchable PTCCN course matrix will be available soon
PTCCN Processes and Forms
Last Modified: 2/15/18 5:51 PM