This badge is awarded to participants who have successfully completed the micro-course
Accessible Word 1.
This course addresses accessibility tools in Microsoft Word, determining what level
of accessibility is in a Word document (using the automated checker and manual checks),
using the tools to create an accessible document or remediate an inaccessible document.
As a beginner-level course, the following topics are addressed: headings, alt text,
formatting (lists, paragraph spacing, columns), and tables.
The micro-course takes approximately 3 hours to complete.
Successful completion of this micro-course requires earning 80% or higher on a quiz
that covers the core concepts. The quiz requires participants to demonstrate the following:
- Identify the appropriate use and application of headings.
- Determine if alt text is included for an image and if it is appropriate.
- Evaluate the accessibility of formatted text by using the list, columns, and paragraph
spacing tools available in MS Word.
- Determine if a table is used appropriately.
- Use the Microsoft Accessibility Checker and manual checks to identify accessibility
errors in a document.