This course is designed to provide introductory information and experience in using
open educational resources (OER) for your teaching practice. You will learn the basic
concepts of OER and engage with various activities in locating and sharing OER
Upon completion of this course, the participants will be able to
- Describe the meaning of open educational resources.
- Differentiate the concepts of open licensing, public domain, and all rights reserved
- Identify resources that are openly licensed or in public domain.
- Distinguish the different types of Creative Commons licenses.
- Find the open educational resources, and properly attribute their authors.
- Mark their work with Creative Commons licenses.
Time Commitment This is a 2-week online, asynchronous course and participants are
expected to spend 10 hours to complete the course. This is a fully facilitated training
that will produce an official credential to the participants upon successful completion.