The Joint Transfer Council (JTC) is a multi-sector standing committee that works to improve and advance student transfer in Washington.
Since 2003, the multi-sector Council has identified statewide transfer issues and recommended policy strategies for transfer of credit between institutions and sectors. JTC focuses primarily on the development of new transfer pathways, monitoring and updating existing transfer pathways and degrees, and establishing multi-sector transfer policy. The JTC also communicates state transfer policy to various audiences and stakeholders.
- Representatives from the six public four-year college and universities
- Representatives from the four-year private, nonprofit institutions
- Vice presidents of instruction or student services from eight community and technical colleges
- A representative from the Council of Presidents (COP)
- A representative from the Independent Colleges of Washington (ICW)
- A representative from the State Board for Community and Technical Colleges (SBCTC).
- The Joint Transfer Council convenes the workgroups that develop Major Related Program agreements.
JTC works on behalf of the institutions represented and in collaboration with the Intercollege Relations Commission (ICRC) and the Washington Student Achievement Council (WSAC).
- Finalized new Major-Related Program in Computer Science (2016)
- Finalized new Major-Related Program in Music (2016)
- Monitor implementation of new Major-Related Program in Nursing (2014)
- Review and update existing transfer degree pathways
- Pre-Nursing DTA/MRP
- Computer Science DTA/MRP
- Nursing DTA/MRP
- Develop communications
- BA/BS Diagram
- Understanding Transfer
- Process for changing a statewide transfer agreement
The Council meets three times a year in the fall, spring and summer.
- Process for identification of additional academic (unrestricted) electives
- Changing Lower Division Degree Course Requirements
- Associate of Science Transfer (AS-T) Degree guidelines
- What's In a Degree?
- Major-Related Program (MRP) template
- Process for updating/changing Major-Related Programs (MRPs) state wide agreements
- Intercollege Relations Commission (ICRC) handbook
- Joint Transfer brochure
- Common Washington acronyms
- Washington Transfer Degrees 101 Webinar
- Washington Transfer Degrees 101 Webinar Script
- Washington Transfer Degrees 101 PowerPoint
- Washington Transfer Degrees Q&A Report
Last Modified: 12/11/18 2:39 PM