Skip to content

Tuition Waiver and Residency Classification Definitions

Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) Permanent Resident

Any person not a citizen of the United States who is residing in the U.S. under legally recognized and lawfully recorded permanent residence is an immigrant. Also known as "Permanent Resident Alien," "Lawful Permanent Resident," or "Resident Alien Permit Holder.” 

Go to Nonresident - Operating fees only

From the 2015-16 Northwest Athletic Association of Community Colleges Code Book

ARTICLE IV - ATHLETIC FINANCIAL AID

Section 1. The athletic financial aid available to any student-athlete enrolled at an NWAC member college will be limited to the following:

  1. Grant-in-Aid.
    1. Washington colleges may fund tuition Grants-in-Aid through scholarship up to 40% of state tuition per quarter plus an additional 25% tuition waiver per quarter. Total Grant-in-Aid will not exceed 65% of the official base tuition and fees amount as established by the State Board for 15 credits per quarter. Out of state students from contiguous states, who are given an out of state wavier, may be awarded additional scholarship money equal to the difference between out of state tuition and in state tuition.

      Example:
      If tuition for an in-state student taking 15 credits is $1,000, then that student may
      receive a $400 scholarship (40%) plus $250 waiver (25%). If tuition for an out-of-state student from a contiguous state taking 15 credits is $1,100, then that student may receive $500 scholarship plus $250 waiver.

      Washington colleges may award students from British Columbia the same amount of
      scholarship money as is awarded to students from other contiguous states.

Go to Athletic tuition waivers

Page Manager: bmyhre@sbctc.edu
Last Modified: 2/15/18 5:48 PM

starburst graphic