After Jan Yoshiwara's retirement announcement, the State Board Executive Committee met and agreed on a process outline and schedule. The timeline is subject to revision.
The search process includes the following phases:
Planning — Dec. 1, 2021 through Feb. 10, 2022
- Initiate formation of a Search Committee.
- Search Committee meets to discuss and finalize recruitment material recommendations to State Board.
- State Board meets on Feb. 3 to review and finalize recruitment materials.
Recruiting — Feb. 10 through hiring of finalist
- Recruitment process is launched.
- National advertising is published.
- Recruiting materials are distributed.
- Potential candidates and sources of candidates are contacted.
- Search web pages live.
Evaluation — March 31 through May 16
- March 31: Priority screening date for applications. (Applications/nominations are accepted until position is filled.)
- Evaluation of application material begins.
- Evaluation of application material is complete.
- Begin Search Committee interview scheduling.
- State Board meets May 4-5 and receives an update.
- Search Committee forwards finalists for consideration.
Selection — May 16 through June 7
- Public forums with finalists.
- State Board interviews finalists.
- State Board meets with participating stakeholders and considers information.
- Finalist is identified.
- Subject to State Board approval, employment terms discussed and agreed upon.
- State Board hires successful candidate and makes public announcement.
Transition — June 7 through July 31
- Transition process begins.
- Candidate transitions to State Board.
- Newly hired Executive Director meets with system constituency groups.