The State Board for Community and Technical Colleges (SBCTC) invites Washington state community and technical colleges to apply for the Hospital Employee Education and Training (HEET) funding. Colleges must develop proposals in collaboration with at least one healthcare employer and one labor partner to receive funding.
The purpose of the HEET Grant is to:
- Enhance access to college education for hospital workers.
- Lead to increased capacity of the college system in nursing and other high demand health care fields.
- Bring greater diversity to the health care workforce.
- Build a stronger labor/management, healthcare industry and college partnerships to leverage public and private investment.
Grant funds may be used for:
- Curriculum development or modification
- Equipment needed to train incumbent workers
- Creating systems to grant credit for prior learning
- Sustaining labor, management and college partnerships
- Support for students, program recruitment and retention
- Symposium to share/learn best practices in teaching methodologies and curricula evaluation
|Application available||March 1, 2018|
|Application deadline||April 12, 2018|
|Funds available/grant start||July 1, 2018|
|Mid-year project evaluation due||Jan. 18, 2019|
|Final project evaluation due||July 19, 2019|
Grant resources and guidelines
- HEET Technical Assistance webinar recording (requires Blackboard Collaborate download)
- The recording contains audio and video of the technical assistance session SBCTC hosted.
Last Modified: 8/16/18 8:35 AM