Linking Business to Education
The Washington State Board for Community and Technical Colleges (SBCTC) Workforce Education department adds to the state's economic vitality and helps build regional and statewide partnerships between two-year colleges and companies, labor organizations and industry associations.
- Support community and technical colleges with tools colleges need to give access to all Washington state residents to get family wage jobs and adapt to a changing economy.
- Build partnerships with Washington state business and labor to build a world-class education and training system that makes every region of our state competitive in the world economy.
- Create a system for students to purse lifelong learning and career upgrades as they seamlessly connect learning in high school, basic skills programs and on-the-job experience to college professional-technical programs.
Workforce Programs and Services
- Basic Food, Employment and Training
- Centers of Excellence
- Customized Training
- Hospital Employee Education and Training
- Job Skills
- Resources to Initiate Successful Employment (RISE)
- Tech Prep
- Worker Retraining
- Program Approval
Approval process, viability analysis, program advisory committees, CIP codes
- Program Inventory
The spreadsheet sortable by college, CIP code, EPC code, program type, title, credit/clock hours and award type.
- Explore our colleges by name, location or area of interest.
Training for 21st Century Jobs
Employer Training Grants, Loans, Support
Community and technical colleges play a key role in the state's economic development with resources and incentives for businesses to partner with colleges build strong regional economies.
Workforce Education Summer Collaboration
Bringing together Worker Retraining, WorkFirst, BFET, Opportunity Grant, financial aid, Basic Education for Adults, and Perkins for student and staff success.
- Aug. 21-23, 2017, Clover Park Technical College
- Sign up your college team today!
Workforce Education Resources
Related Councils and Groups
Industry-specific training, continuing education, Centers of Excellence, training programs, grants and tax credits at community and technical colleges at the AWB and SBCTC joint website: WorkforceCollege.com
Last Modified: 9/18/17 10:32 AM