Washington State's Perkins V Plan
The Washington state Perkins V plan uses an industry-informed, equity-focused approach to support the design, development, implementation and improvement of career and technical education.
Support high quality CTE pathways that develop a skilled workforce, ensure business and industry thrive and expand across the state, and enable every Washingtonian to obtain living wage careers through credentials of workplace value.
The Washington state agencies entrusted in administering the Perkins V plan are committed to the following values, which prioritize equity and access for individuals served by Perkins V:
- Using quantitative and qualitative data to inform decisions
- Engaging a diverse range of stakeholders, reflective of the communities they serve, to inform policies and practices
- Leveraging and aligning federal and state policies and funding to improve student outcomes
- Responding to labor-market gaps and emerging industries and occupations in the design of programs of study
- Promoting life-long learning that develops the knowledge and skills that allow individuals to remain competitive in chosen occupations/careers
Perkins V Training Event
Last Modified: 11/26/19 1:37 PM