The SBCTC Workforce Education team is a pivotal partner in elevating Washington's community and technical colleges as national leaders in workforce education.
The Workforce Education staff are proactive leaders and innovators, providing thought-partnership, advocacy and resources in service to the workforce education field.
We do this by providing meaningful products and services for and with our partners to:
- Build colleges' capacity to be economic engines
- Foster student success
- Provide supports for high quality instructional content and strategies in professional-technical programs
- Create connections along the educational and employment pipeline
- Ensure adults have access to workforce training opportunities to progress in their career path
Resulting in an innovative, skilled and educated workforce.
The Workforce Education Team is committed to:
- Exceptional service
- Building relationships
- Scholarship and innovation
Workforce Education Programs and Services
- Basic Food, Employment and Training
- CTE Dual Credit (formerly Tech Prep)
- Centers of Excellence
- Customized Training Program
- Hospital Employee Education and Training
- Job Skills Program
- Resources to Initiate Successful Employment (RISE)
- Worker Retraining
- Program Approval
Approval process, viability analysis, program advisory committees, CIP codes
- Program Inventory
The spreadsheet sortable by college, CIP code, EPC code, program type, title, credit/clock hours and award type.
- Explore our colleges by name, location or area of interest.
Training for 21st Century Jobs
Employer Training Grants, Loans, Support
Community and technical colleges play a key role in the state's economic development with resources and incentives for businesses to partner with colleges build strong regional economies.
Workforce Education Summer Collaboration
Find out how Worker Retraining, WorkFirst, BFET, Opportunity Grant, financial aid, Basic Education for Adults, and Perkins worked together on student and staff success at the 2017 Workforce Education Summer Collaboration.
Workforce Education Resources
Last Modified: 8/13/18 4:32 PM