The SBCTC Workforce Education team is a pivotal partner in elevating Washington's community and technical colleges as national leaders in workforce education.
The Workforce Education staff are proactive leaders and innovators, providing thought-partnership, advocacy and resources in service to the workforce education field.
We do this by providing meaningful products and services for and with our partners to:
- Build colleges' capacity to be economic engines
- Foster student success
- Provide supports for high quality instructional content and strategies in professional-technical programs
- Create connections along the educational and employment pipeline
- Ensure adults have access to workforce training opportunities to progress in their career path
Resulting in an innovative, skilled and educated workforce.
The Workforce Education Team is committed to:
- Exceptional service
- Building relationships
- Scholarship and innovation
Workforce Education Programs and Services
- CTE Dual Credit (formerly Tech Prep)
- Centers of Excellence
- Customized Training Program
- Early Achievers Grant
- High Demand Enrollment Expansion
- Hospital Employee Education and Training
- Job Skills Program
- Worker Retraining
- Program Approval: Approval process, viability analysis, program advisory committees, CIP codes
- Program Inventory (updated quarterly)
- Explore our colleges by name, location or area of interest
Training for 21st Century Jobs
Employer Training Grants, Loans, Support
Community and technical colleges play a key role in the state's economic development with resources and incentives for businesses to partner with colleges build strong regional economies.
Workforce Education Resources
Last Modified: 10/14/21, 2:04 PM