Legacy Transcript Application
The old Legacy system was sunsetted on August 31, 2023, marking 42 years since the Washington Community College Computing Consortium (the W4Cs) first implemented and began supporting the Payroll/Personnel Management System (PPMS) back in 1981.
The Legacy Transcript application was made available to colleges as of June 30, 2023. SBCTC asked colleges to get to know the Legacy Transcript application by taking it for a one-month test drive, June 30 to July 31, 2023.
During this “soft release” period, the Legacy Transcript application was available for viewing and printing official and unofficial transcript records and for merging student records (if needed).
Legacy Transcript Official Go-Live Dates
Colleges went live between Aug. 21 and Aug. 31, 2023.
What is Legacy Transcript?
The Legacy Transcript application was developed in collaboration with an advisory group of registrars representing the Admissions and Registration Council (ARC) who assisted with business requirements definition and design.
The application is the repository for those student transcripts stored in the Legacy HP-UX system which were not converted into ctcLink during the colleges’ conversion to PeopleSoft.
Please note, students will not have login access due to security concerns. The application is web-based, accessible, and provides self-service functionality for staff users, such as:
- Search for student transcript records
- View and edit student demographic information and FERPA (Family Education Rights and Privacy Act) settings
- Merge student records
- Print unofficial and official transcripts
- View, print, send transcripts to other colleges and universities
- Modify course/class information
- Okta/Active Directory Authentication
- Show transcript data on screen and allow editing of class data, along with transcript notes
Who Can Use Legacy Transcripts?
Access is limited to authorized users.
Once user credentials are established by each college’s security administrator, Legacy Transcripts will be available directly to authorized users. A link to Legacy Transcripts will be added to the ctcLink Gateway at a future date.
Legacy Transcript Project Early Planning
July 28, 2020
July 13, 2020
May 28, 2020
June 20, 2019
April 12, 2019
- Planning meeting agenda April 12, 2019
- Legacy Transcript Project design document version 1 – April 8, 2019
- Meeting recording April 12, 2019
March 7, 2019
Legacy Transcript Application Support & Resources
Quick Reference Guides
- Legacy Transcript quick reference guides (QRGs) and manuals are available in the ctcLink Reference Center under Legacy Access.
- Manual Conversion of Legacy Records instructions
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Service Desk Ticketing
How to submit a ticket
- Two new Request Type values were added to the SolarWinds ticketing system to help
assign tickets to the correct support resource:
- ctcLink Support > LegacyLink
- ctcLink Support > Campus Solutions > CS: Legacy Transcript
Be sure to provide any applicable details in your ticket, such as:
- Student Name and SID
- Screen name
- Detailed description of the error or calculation issue
- Screenshots showing discrepancy
- Steps to recreate the issue
Don't have access?
Last Modified: 9/12/23, 2:36 PM