A Call to Action
The Aerospace and Advanced Materials Manufacturing Pipeline Advisory Committee was established in statute in 2012 to study the skills gap in aerospace workers production. As part of its work, the Washington State Board for Community and Technical Colleges (SBCTC) and the Workforce Training and Education Coordinating Board surveys employers annually and plans strategies to close the gap.
- Provide current information on training programs.
- Provide current information about grants and partnership opportunities.
- Coordinate professional development for faculty.
- Evaluate programs for completion and job placement rates.
- Eric Hahn, VP Organizational Development, General Plastics
- Kelly Wright, The Boeing Company
- John Theisen, President and CEO, ORION
- Jackie Davis, Regional Sales Manager, AMI Metals Inc
- Bahman Hadi, Cascade Engineering Services
- Tom Doughty, Janicki Industries
- Ben Hempstead, Engineer-Mechanical Lead, Electroimpact
- Kelly Maloney, Director, Aerospace Futures Alliance of Washington
- Tim Morgan, CEO, TTF Aerospace, LLC
- David Beyer, President, Everett Community College
- Larry Cluphf, Director, Washington Aerospace Training & Research Center
- Ron Langrell, President, Bates Technical College
- Lynn Strickland, Executive Director, Aerospace Joint Apprenticeship Program
- Chelsea Orvella, Legislative Director, SPEEA, IFPTE 2001
- Ron Harrell, Staff Assistant, IAMAW District Lodge 160
- Mary Kaye Bredeson, Director, Center of Excellence for Aerospace & Advanced Materials Manufacturing
- Marty Brown, Executive Director, Washington State Board for Community and Technical Colleges
- Marcia Garrett, Director of Regional Relations, Washington State University
- Nancy Dick, Director, Workforce Education, SBCTC
- Kendra Hodgson, Policy Associate, SBCTC
- Christina Carey, Policy Research Associate, SBCTC
- Dave Wallace, Research Investigator, Workforce Training and Education Coordinating Board
Last Modified: 2/15/18 5:47 PM