Thank you for hosting a PIC meeting! Here you'll find a list of what needs to get done and when.
As Soon As Possible
These items may be done as soon as the next year's meeting calendar is set.
- Book a meeting room on campus for the full day of each meeting day.
- Expect about 30 people to attend.
- The room should have:
- Remote attendee capability (Zoom, WebEx, etc.)
- A computer, projector, speakers
- Alert IT of the meeting days and room and ask if someone can be available to help troubleshoot day-of technology issues.
- Reserve or suggest best places for people to park. Send SBCTC any parking permits ahead of time.
Find and book a per diem/government/state-rate hotel for people coming in from out of town. About five rooms for Wednesday night and 10 rooms for Thursday night. No need to reserve rooms for Friday night. Most hotels release their blocks well in advance of the meeting date, before meeting participants have made their reservation.
Send SBCTC hotel(s) information.
- Alert campus caterer of meeting dates, room location, meals needed and anticipated
number of attendees. All meals should stay within per diem.
- Thursday morning (10 a.m.): light refreshments
- Thursday lunch (noon): hot lunch
- Friday morning (8 a.m.): hot breakfast
- Friday lunch (noon): boxed lunch
- Both days (all day): Coffee, tea, water service
- Find out the caterer's deadline for final meal counts and dietary restrictions. This is usually about a week before the meeting. SBCTC will send counts and dietary restrictions by deadline.
- Send the final invoice to SBCTC for payment.
Final Details and Days of Meetings
These items should be ready for the days of the meetings.
Create and place signage directing people where to park and from the parking lot to the meeting room.
Make sure the room may be locked and unlocked in case people leave for any reason (e.g. campus tour).
Help troubleshoot any catering issues or questions.
With IT staff, help troubleshoot any technology issues or questions.
Last Modified: 5/26/22, 2:01 PM