Who Deploys When?
By the end of 2022, all the colleges and the Washington State Board for Community and Technical Colleges agency office in Olympia will implement in groups (formerly referred to as “waves”) ranging from six to nine colleges each.
Deployment groups (DG) were created with an eye toward balancing many factors, including, but not limited to: deployment size, college readiness, colleges’ preference, college type (technical or community college), and whether the summer quarter is the start or the end term (“header ”or “trailer”) for the college’s financial and student calendar.
October 2019 (four colleges, one agency)
Oct. 14, 2019 PeopleSoft upgrade
- Community Colleges of Spokane
- Tacoma Community College
Oct. 28, 2019 Deploy/Go-Live
- Clark College
While DG2 is a small cohort, it is complex.
Spokane Community College, Spokane Falls Community College and Tacoma Community College were in the first implementation group (“First Link” colleges).
The PeopleSoft software was due for a major upgrade. And it’s more complicated than just downloading the latest version of your favorite browser, requiring a substantial effort for Spokane, Tacoma and project resources.
So, while Clark College and SBCTC went through their initial implementation of ctcLink PeopleSoft, Spokane and Tacoma focused on the adoption of PeopleSoft Fluid (a responsive interface for better user navigation) and Campus Solutions 9.2, as well as implementing the new chart of accounts and security redesign, all followed by a whole lot of testing and training.
March 9, 2020 (six colleges)
- Cascadia College
- Lower Columbia College
- Olympic College
- Peninsula College
- Pierce College District (2 colleges)
- Begin initiation phase work: February 2018
- Begin public status reports: December 2018
- Implementation phase: February 2019
- Deploy/Go-Live: March 9, 2020
February 1, 2021 (seven colleges)
- Centralia College
- Edmonds Community College
- Highline College
- Seattle College District (3 colleges)
- Wenatchee Valley College
- Begin initiation phase work: March 2018
- Begin public status reports: January 2019
- Implementation phase begins: November 2019
- Deploy/Go-Live: Feb. 1, 2021
TBD (eight colleges)
- Bellevue College
- Bellingham Technical College
- Big Bend Community College
- Everett Community College
- Grays Harbor College
- Green River College
- Skagit Valley College
- Whatcom Community College
- Begin initiation phase work: July 2018
- Begin public status reports: March 2019
- Implementation phase begins: March 2020
- Deploy/Go-Live: TBD
TBD (nine colleges)
- Bates Technical College
- Clover Park Technical College
- Columbia Basin College
- Lake Washington Institute of Technology
- Renton Technical College
- Shoreline Community College
- South Puget Sound Community College
- Walla Walla Community College
- Yakima Valley College
- Begin initiation phase work: March 2019
- Begin public status reports: November 2019
- Implementation phase begins: November 2020
- Deploy/Go-Live: TBD
The dates and groups are best estimates of when ctcLink PeopleSoft products will go live at each college, district office and SBCTC.
Like any enterprise-wide project of this magnitude, it is subject to multiple factors, including college readiness. Colleges will be evaluated on measures of readiness before being part of any deployment group.
Deployment Groups and dates are subject to revision. Entrance to Deployment Group conditional based on college initiation work.
Preparatory work and readiness activities are required of each college and agency in advance of beginning its deployment phase toward Go-Live.
Initiation Phase work includes, but is not limited to: dedicated project manager, college readiness activities, project execution plans, Legacy business process maps, resources/budget allocated, and more.
Last Modified: 10/30/19 9:00 AM