SBCTC Educational Technology and Open Education works across our system of community and technical colleges to provide accessible, affordable and innovative digital learning options for students.
To support our colleges, the Educational Technology and Open Education team:
- Procures and helps implement core Educational Technology tools shared throughout the community and technical college system.
- Promotes Open Education teaching practices through professional development.
- Provides professional development courses, events and opportunities for faculty.
- Create systems, policies and practices for sharing courses and programs throughout the community and technical college system.
- Manages an eTutoring service for Washington state's community and technical colleges.
- Provides project management support for system-wide Educational Technology initiatives.
- Identifies and promotes innovative strategies in Educational Technology and Open Education.
- Pursues and manages system-wide grants and contracts that promotes innovation in Educational Technology and Open Education.
- Reports data about Educational Technology and student success.
We are committed to building a system of shared resources and practices using system-wide tools, shared courses and programs, and open courses. Our strategy is guided by the Strategic Technology Plan and its mandate to "mobilize technology to increase student success."
Our practice contributes toward creating a culture of resource sharing with the goal of making cost-effective, innovative lifelong education available to every student in the state, anytime, anywhere.
Join an eList
Get involved in conversations with your peers at other colleges. Mailman Mail-Lists of interest to eLearning administrators and staff include:
Last Modified: 4/16/21, 4:55 PM