Committees and task forces comprised of system representatives assist the State Board in reviewing policy issues important to the system. These groups generally include State Board members, trustees, presidents, State Board staff, agency and higher education representatives.
Currently active groups include:
- Committee for Accessible Technology Oversight (CATO) was formed in response to the approval of the State Board Accessible Technology Policy.
- Washington State Adult Education Advisory Council (AEAC) members are governor-appointed representatives of citizens and groups having an interest in adult education and literacy.
- Workforce Training Customer Advisory Committee (CAC) members represent business, labor, education and state agencies. Appointed by the SBCTC executive director, members work together to foster understanding of — and build support for — the needs of the state's workforce and education programs.
Looking for Other Work Groups?
Several other groups focus on career development, professional interests and system-wide initiatives.
- Commissions and Councils
- Organization of Parenting Education Programs (OPEP) is a professional organization of parenting education program administrators and coordinators representing Washington state’s public community and technical colleges.
- Washington Campus Children's Center Coalition (WCCCC) brings together campus child care program directors and program supervisors from Washington state public colleges and universities.
- Professional Development
- System Initiatives
Last Modified: 10/9/17 11:36 AM