Being a trustee offers its own unique opportunities and challenges. This page provides trustees with resources to help navigate their roles and responsibilities.
Trustee Resources and Information
- What are the characteristics of an effective trustee?
- New Trustee Learning Guide
- Example "curriculum" for new trustee orientations
- Concepts of trusteeship
- Ethics in public service
- Open meetings act and executive sessions
- Legal defense of trustees and board members
- Glossary of system acronyms
- Trustee resignation online form
- How are the local boards structured?
- What are the powers and duties of the board of trustees?
- Responsibilities and working relationships
- The Board speaks as a whole
- Establishing policy
- The difference between policy and administration
- The "green line"
- The role of the Board Chair
- Orientation checklist for CEOs and Board Chairs
- Board Chair Handbook
- Board Chair PowerPoint
- Evaluating the CEO
- Board Self Evaluations
- Presidential Searches Through an Equity Lens
Last Modified: 8/14/23, 7:30 AM