DGC Committee Documents
- Data Governance Committee Charter
Purpose and vision, scope, goals and objectives, guiding principles, Decision Matrix and other basic committee information.
- Data Governance Committee Overview
Brief overview of committee structure and purpose.
- Onboarding Document
History and implementation of the committee.
- Traveling Through Time: The Forum Guide to Longitudinal Data Systems (2010)
Book Two of Four: Planning and Developing an LDS (NFES 2011–804). Washington, DC: National Center for Education Statistics, Institute of Education Sciences, U.S. Department of Education.
- The Six Primary Dimensions for Data Quality Assessment: Defining Data Quality Dimensions This paper has been produced by the DAMA UK Working Group on "Data Quality Dimensions". It details the six key 'dimensions' recommended to be used when assessing or describing data quality.
Coding Schema Proposals
The following standardized coding schemas are moving through the system's data governance process and been proposed by the Data Governance Committee:
Coding Schema Approvals
The following standardized coding schemas have moved through the system's data governance process and been approved by the Data Governance Committee:
- Class Instruction Mode Data Brief
- FacilityID Standardization
- Exit coding (revised May 2014)
- Data Classification Brief
- Mononyms in PeopleSoft
- DGC Student Intent Coding and Implementation
- Academic Credit for Prior Learning
- Course Attribute Management
- Legacy Meta-Major Implementation
- FERPA Directory Information Global Definition
- Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity
- Standardization of Asset Codes for Facilities
Last Modified: 3/11/21, 5:01 PM